Since I’ve been tagged for this meme by Tara, Eva and Historia, I figured I should probably go ahead and offer up my eight things. But since this is a book blog, I’ve kept my answers along that theme.
- I own almost 600 books, but since I periodically purge my bookshelves, I now have more unread books than read ones in my collection.
- When I buy a new book from a store, I will carefully examine all available copies and choose the one in most pristine condition.
- I was an English major at university, and wrote several papers for books that I never actually read in their entirety.
- I hate movie tie-in book covers and will look for an older copy or wait until the book is reprinted with a regular cover.
- When I was in college, one of my favorite classes was a semester-long course devoted to the BrontÃ«s and their writings.
- Several of my childhood imaginary friends were characters from books.
- My first two cats were named after characters in novels: Khayman from Anne Rice’s Queen of the Damned, and Mina from Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
- My favorite book from childhood is The Ghost of Opalina, about a ghost-cat who tells two children about her past nine lives. Sadly, it’s out of print.
Well, I know I’m supposed to tag eight people, but I think pretty much everyone I know has been tagged already. But if you’re reading this and haven’t done the meme, consider this your invitation.