Edit: If you have already signed up for this challenge, please go here to post any completed book reviews and/or to post when you have completed the challenge.
I’ve been toying with the idea of hosting a challenge for some time now, but couldn’t think of a theme that I would be interested in that wasn’t already out there. But with summer coming on, and my recent holiday to Myrtle Beach, my wanderlust has been piqued. With a yen to travel to distant lands, but lacking the resources to do so, I’ve decided to host:
If you’re interested in joining, here are the guidelines:
- The challenge runs from July 1 through December 31 during which time you must read six books that fall under the ‘armchair traveling’ theme.
- Fiction or non-fiction works are fine, and do not need to be specifically travel related, as long as the location is integral to the book – I’ll leave that to your discretion. Locations must be actual places that you could visit, so no Middle Earths or galaxies far, far away.
- Books may be cross-posted to other challenges, but you cannot count any books read prior to July 1st.
- To join, make a post outlining your six choices and link to that post below. Because I like to have a little wiggle room, you can opt to switch out books throughout the challenge.
- And yes, there will be prizes!
Here are my six choices:
Brazzaville Beach (Africa)
Rick Steves’ Postcards from Europe (Europe)
Wonderful Strange (Newfoundland)
Don’t Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight (Africa)
In a Sunburned Country (Australia)
The Kingdom by the Sea (Great Britain)
As I made allowances for in my challenge rules, I reserve the right to swap out any of these titles for another which fits within the parameters. And I’m making it extra challenging for myself by not counting any relevant books that I’ve already slated for other challenges.
So, who’s with me? Pack your bags and let’s go!
Filling in the Mr. Linky blanks:
Your name: Your name (please put the name of your blog in parentheses)
Your URL: Please link ONLY the actual post in your blog where you have listed your challenge book choices; please do NOT link your entire blog site. This will be helpful to others, so they donâ€™t have to search through an entire blog to see your list.
Your name: Lesley (A Life in Books)
Your URL: http://www.alifeinbooks.com/?p=123